



Lisa Lewis sits in the old gum tree,
merry, merry Queen of the Bush is she...
merry, merry Queen of the Bush is she...
WAIT ONE MINUTE! That's Australia, not New Zealand.
Picture a trip to the wild shore of the west coast, PIHA, one of many great surf beaches.
Then an hour bush walk to see Kitekite Falls and the largest tree stump I've ever seen.
Zena Warrior Princess kind of stuff.
Am settling in and learning fun facts about New Zealand such as...according to the news, New Zealanders are among the fattest in the world. And as I have yet to pass up a bakery, I know how it can happen. But since I now weigh only 10 stones I don't feel so bad.
There are no snakes or bears in NZ and only a spider is poisonous.
Tomorrow I take a driving lesson to learn how to drive on the "wrong" side of the road and then it will be on to streets with names like Karangahape and Te Henga.
Sailing on the Hauraki Gulf in a raceboat begins on Saturday.
So until then, friends...
"...in the bonds of love we meet,
Hear our voices we entreat,
God defend New Zealand."
-May 10, 2010
THAT'S BETTER, the NZ national anthem.

No comments:
Post a Comment