


When the weather is good, it's called fine, and when it rains the sun can shine. I know, I've seen it. You can never be sure if it will rain or shine and rain in Auckland. On Saturday, it poured, I mean cats and kiwis, thunder and lightning over the Hauraki Gulf as we prepared the boat called Woolly Jumper for racing in full foul weather gear. Then, at the start, the sun started to turn blue for the race.
Woolly Jumper (a jumper is a sweater) is a beautiful 50+ boat racing this Winter Season (yes, WINTER) every fortnight (every 2 weeks) by a crew of how ever many show up. Saturday it was 13. See the picture of Tony, owner Marty and Patrice. It's a cruising boat really with galley and salon but we had her up to 9 knots in a low breeze. Shall I admit we were 7th out of 17? And then I got to drive her back to her slip!
Cheers!

No comments:
Post a Comment